Monday, July 18, 2011

Take Two

In April 2011 we were matched yet again. This time with a young woman in Mississippi. The whole process was smooth and we had an easy two months. She went to the doctor and called with updates. She never pushed for money and we were happy to help as we could.

We headed down to Mississippi and awaited the arrival of the baby. After staying up all night Wednesday and all day Thursday  at 6:37 the little girl was born. Two hours later we held her in our arms and practically for the next two days we held her and bonded.

Unfortunately when the mom was discharged she decided to parent the baby. Needless to we were devastated. We headed home in immediately in tears and wondered why. Why did this happen? Why would God allow this to happen? Why was it so hard for us to become parents?

After a very rough week I posted this on my fb page:

I just want to thank all of our family and friends who have been there for us and prayed for us during the last week. While it has been hard, and we are very worried about the welfare of the little girl (for reasons I can’t go into on a public forum), we are getting better day by day.

I have no idea why we have to go through this, but we are taking solace that God has a plan and a reason.

Chris and I are planning on trying again, and soon. We are going to build back up our financial (as well as our emotional and spiritual) resources. The wonderful nuns at St. Joseph have been very helpful during this time as well, and I have no doubt that with them on our side God will bless us with a baby soon.

We love you all and thank you again for your support!

And I mean that. We will try again, and we are leaving it in God's hands.

No comments:

Post a Comment