It has been so long since I have updated, and I am sure everyone will forgive me for that. The twins do keep me on my toes!
Abby was released on September 29 after a successful overnight stay and gaining 1.3 oz overnight (she started eating 2 oz that night)! We spent the weekend getting acquainted with all 4 of us and headed out early Monday morning to go to Kansas City for court. After they were legally ours, we hopped the state line as fast as we could and headed towards Alabama. The babies traveled very well, but didn't eat much. We spent the night in Kentucky, were Abby slept and Jack fussed for 4 hours. That is the only time he has done that to date. We breezed through Birmingham rush hour (the only time in my life to go through it at 5 pm and no traffic on a none holiday) and made it home about 6pm. We were greeted by grandparents galore and poor Chris saw home for the first time in 7 weeks!
We were home in Alabama only three weeks when Abby was admitted to Children's Hospital for breathing issues. They did several test and thought she had a variety of things. After 1 week they said it she bronchial tubes were inflamed and she has bronchialitis. After 2 weeks they finally did the sleep test I was asking for and said she had obstructive sleep apnea. She breathes, but her airways close up when she gets super relaxed. She has to stay on oxygen, her apnea monitor and her o2 monitor until February. She will go back in a couple of weeks and hopefully we can start the weaning process.
The babies have gotten so big! They were 5 weeks old when I last updated. Abby is now at 8 lbs 4 oz and 19.5 in long. Jack is 11 lbs 4 oz and 22 in long! We also have started Jack on rice cereal. He wasn't sure what to think about it at first, but by the end he was getting into it. It was only a Tablespoon or two, but he did get more in his mouth than on him. In about a couple of weeks he can start on fruits and veggies slowly. In about a month we can try Abigail on cereal unless she starts holding her head better. Jack never meet a bottle he didn't like and eats 6 oz and will go up to seven this week. Abby eats 4 oz and I am going to try her on 5 in a week or so.
Jack is perfect for his age, he is only small being on the low end (3%) of the growth chart and 25% adjusted back 6 weeks. Abby is a little behind in communication and motor skills, but the interventionist is coming out once a month to work with her. She is also closing the gap between her and Jack. She is not on the scale for her age, but adjusted she is in the 3%! She does not even look like the same little girl.
Best news, according to Chris I am sure, is that we can let them sleep for 8 hours at night now! We do not have to get them up to eat if they don't want to. Abby rather sleep at night anyway.
I am so proud of my little ones and can't believe how much they have grown! I love to see them smile at me. Nothing melts a momma's heart faster.
Now that I am finished with my school work, I should be able to find time to update on weekends. I am not sure if I will post pictures of them on here or just on facebook. Thank you for all your continued prayers and well wishes.
edit: I forgot to mention that Jack is cutting his bottom teeth :-D
No comments:
Post a Comment