Monday, October 8, 2012

Post-Op

Little Bit did great during her surgery. I was fine and actually carried her the three block to the new hospital and to pre-op. It was when they took her from me that I started to lose it. Seeing your little girl being carried away to surgery is scary, but at least she was smiling and happy when they took her. She was gone for about an hour when they told us she did great and would meet us in her room in an hour so we grabbed a bite of lunch. When we got back they said that she was on her way and that she was screaming loudly. On top of that the tube made her hoarse so she sounded extra pitiful. I held her for about two hours straight before I let daddy hold her.



She is getting Tylenol every six hours for pain and she has not tried to sit up or roll over yet because her belly is so sore. She also now has a splint on her arm because she keeps trying to eat the IV. They will let her drink Pedialyte and if she does good go to thicker liquids and probably solids late Tuesday or Wednesday. We could go home Wednesday, but I am betting on Thursday because she has to prove she can tolerate her feedings and gain weight. Hoping to have my baby home soon so she can get ready for her first real Halloween as she spent last year in the NICU.

J has been a trooper and going with the flow. I did not get to see him today and miss him terrible! So proud of my brave little ones and can't wait until they are together again!!

No comments:

Post a Comment