Thursday, October 4, 2012

Day of test

Worn out from all the poking and prodding!
A had a upper GI test done this afternoon to test for reflux. She passed but they put a NG tube down her nose. This is the same feeding tube she had in KS and she will get a small amount every 3 hours. If she tolerates this and gains weight they will do the G Tube probably Monday.

Genetics also came by. They are going to do lots of test on her to see if we are missing something bigger, and we will know in 3-4 weeks. I don't think there is anything to worry about. Her amnio and another chromosome test came back great. I just don't think she is getting the calories she needs and the Gtube will help that.

J visiting his sister
I do feel bad at times that A seems to get more attention than J does. He doesn't, but A is a little more high maintenance than J is and things change a lot faster with her. I love my little man and beyond blessed with him. Not a day goes by that I am not laughing at something he does. Besides having half his teeth in and saying uh-oh and telling the dogs to go out or to their room (I kid you not!) he has started saying chicka-chicka-chicka. Maybe he is trying to say chuga-chuga-chuga like on the train sound...

2 comments:

  1. It's rough, but the g-tube is amazing stuff. If you need any help modifying things, clothes etc, just holler. I do a lot of g-tube mods. I was going to ask if they'd tested her for eosinophilic esophagitus, but usually reflux goes hand and hand with that.

    *HUGS*

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete