She ate some oatmeal, waffles and strawberries. Not a lot, but better than she had been. She also drank 65ml so they did not have to NG that. However, they were suppose to and let her drink something else before hand (she's on regular Predisure via NG and 1.5 via bottle).
For lunch she was on NPO because they do not want her to eat before her swallow test. OT said that she had a good gag reflex. Her swallow test went great overall. She does have trouble when eating solids. They get lodged in the back of her throat, but with OT that should resolve itself.
A also apparently has a UTI. And has had it since we were released last time two weeks ago. They did a test and it came back positive (I has seen blood in her urine) however they said it was a false positive and did not follow up. Ask me how upset I am with this hospital!! She was probably throwing up because of this and is prone to UTIs and they did NOT follow up. I am so glad that while we are on the same floor she has a different team.We'll be here until at least Wednesday it looks like.
*NOTE: please forgive sentences and tense changes. I write this as she is napping throughout the day and as things are fresh on my mind.

No comments:
Post a Comment